Archive - Feb 17, 2014
Gloria M. Bushey, 83, of 198 Shady Dr., Ridgway, died Monday morning, Feb. 17, 2014, at the Kane Community Hospital following a lengthy illness.
She was born Aug. 21, 1930, in Johnsonburg, daughter of the late Floyd F. and Jennie E. (Shaffer) Hunt.
She married Lewis Donald Bushey on June 3, 1953, and he survives.
She had resided in Ridgway since 1953 and was a former Johnsonburg resident. She was a member of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Church Women's Group. She had been employed by Stackpole Carbon Co. for six years and by Brody's for three years.
Karl R. Bjorkquist, 60, of 302 Madison Ave., Ridgway, died unexpectedly Monday morning, Feb. 17, 2014 at Elk Regional Health Center.
He was born April 7, 1953 in Ridgway, son of the late Robert W. and Helen R. (Knouse) Bjorkquist. On Oct. 3, 1981, he married Theresa M. Caggeso who survives.
Twila Coral (Smith) Anderson, 84, of Penfield, died Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 at the Elk Regional Health Center after a short illness.
She was born Aug. 27, 1929 in Scattertown, daughter of the late George R. Smith Jr. and Rebecca D. (Silvis) Smith. On July 21, 1951, she married Robert P. Anderson Sr. who preceded her in death on Jan. 23, 1990.
Twila was a homemaker who graduated from Huston Township High School in 1948.
A resolution establishing an Infiltration and Inflow (I & I) Fund along with a LERTA application were approved by St. Marys City Council during their Monday evening meeting.
The I & I Fund was established with Farmers National Bank and is to be used solely to deposit funds provided by "sewer charges" and will be dedicated specifically for the purpose of repairs, construction and maintenance of sanitary sewer lines to control I & I. Monies will be transferred from the I & I Fund to the Sewer Fund as needed for such purposes.
"We dodged a bullet," Kane Fire Chief Tim Holt said Monday afternoon while on the scene of a reported fire at 387 Forest Ave., Wetmore Township.
Holt said the fire, blamed on an electrical problem, burned the insulation off a plugged-in power cord to a gas-fired clothes dryer.Â
"It was fried," Holt said in reference to the power cord.
He said there was "minor damage." No flames were seen when firefighters arrived, he said.
No injuries were reported, he said.