Skip to main content

Archive - Oct 22, 2010 - News Article

Date
Type

Restoration activities at Decker's Chapel

October 22, 2010

Decker's Chapel, believed to be one of the smallest churches in the world, is getting spruced up by members of the Elk County Historical Society (ECHS).
The chapel dates back to 1856, when it was built by Michael Decker Sr., a St. Marys pioneer.
The ECHS, which was organized in 1964, obtained Decker's Chapel on April 20, 1990 from Decker's descendants, Mr. and Mrs. Howard Schneider. In 1998, ECHS's application to put the chapel on the National Register of Historic Places was approved.

The Elk County Catholic Crusaders will meet the Ridgway Elkers tonight at 8 p.m. at the St. Marys...
Ridgway boys basketball advanced to the championship game of the Elk County Holiday Tournament with...
Ridgway boys basketball advanced to the championship game of the Elk County Holiday Tournament with...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...