Skip to main content

Archive - Oct 23, 2010 - News Article

Date
Type

Restoration activities at Decker's Chapel

October 23, 2010

Decker's Chapel, believed to be one of the smallest churches in the world, is getting spruced up by members of the Elk County Historical Society (ECHS).
The chapel dates back to 1856, when it was built by Michael Decker Sr., a St. Marys pioneer.
The ECHS, which was organized in 1964, obtained Decker's Chapel on April 20, 1990 from Decker's descendants, Mr. and Mrs. Howard Schneider. In 1998, ECHS's application to put the chapel on the National Register of Historic Places was approved.

The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch volleyball team defeated the Johnsonburg Ramettes 3-0 last night in a...
It was a tale of two halves for the St. Marys Area Flying Dutchmen in their match against the Kane...
The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch tennis team raised their record to 5-4 on the season as they defeated...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...