Skip to main content

Bandstand a "relatively short-lived phenomena"

July 30, 2013

Photo from the St. Marys Historical Society collection Pictured is a view of the Diamond looking to the northwest prior to 1913. The photograph shows the bandstand, which was built in 1890 and removed in 1913.

Editor's note: This is the third in a series of articles from a presentation recently given by local historian Ray Beimel on the history of the Diamond.
--
Local historian Ray Beimel noted that while many older community members associate the old bandstand with the Diamond, it was actually "one of those relatively short-lived phenomena" and only in place for 23 years.

St. Marys Area's Sarah Casey will meet Punxsutawney's Amber Ward this afternoon at 2 p.m. at...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader golf team placed second at the District 9 golf championship held...
The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch soccer team used a strong first half of play on their way to a 7-0...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...