Skip to main content

Bandstand a "relatively short-lived phenomena"

July 30, 2013

Photo from the St. Marys Historical Society collection Pictured is a view of the Diamond looking to the northwest prior to 1913. The photograph shows the bandstand, which was built in 1890 and removed in 1913.

Editor's note: This is the third in a series of articles from a presentation recently given by local historian Ray Beimel on the history of the Diamond.
--
Local historian Ray Beimel noted that while many older community members associate the old bandstand with the Diamond, it was actually "one of those relatively short-lived phenomena" and only in place for 23 years.

KERSEY — The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusader softball team advanced to the District 9 Class A...
DuBOIS – The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch saw their season come to an end with a 4-1 loss to the...
DuBOIS – The Elk County Catholic Crusaders saw their season come to an early end with a 5-2 loss to...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...