Skip to main content

Bandstand a "relatively short-lived phenomena"

July 30, 2013

Photo from the St. Marys Historical Society collection Pictured is a view of the Diamond looking to the northwest prior to 1913. The photograph shows the bandstand, which was built in 1890 and removed in 1913.

Editor's note: This is the third in a series of articles from a presentation recently given by local historian Ray Beimel on the history of the Diamond.
--
Local historian Ray Beimel noted that while many older community members associate the old bandstand with the Diamond, it was actually "one of those relatively short-lived phenomena" and only in place for 23 years.

The St. Marys Senior Little League Baseball Senior League All-Stars put together an exciting run,...
The St. Marys Little League Baseball Senior League All-Stars opened play in the Pa. State...
The St. Marys American Legion Post 103 squad would have needed to beat undefeated Albion twice on...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...