Skip to main content

Bandstand a "relatively short-lived phenomena"

July 30, 2013

Photo from the St. Marys Historical Society collection Pictured is a view of the Diamond looking to the northwest prior to 1913. The photograph shows the bandstand, which was built in 1890 and removed in 1913.

Editor's note: This is the third in a series of articles from a presentation recently given by local historian Ray Beimel on the history of the Diamond.
--
Local historian Ray Beimel noted that while many older community members associate the old bandstand with the Diamond, it was actually "one of those relatively short-lived phenomena" and only in place for 23 years.

The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch soccer team captured the 16th annual Bucktail Tournament championship...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader football team played host to the Smethport Hubbers for a chilly...
The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusaders and Ridgway Lady Elkers met for a rematch on Saturday...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...