- COMMUNITY LINKS
One hundred years ago today, on Saturday, May 30, 1914, the first game of baseball was played at Berwind Park.
That first game pitted the newly formed, salaried team of the St. Marys Base Ball Association against the visiting P. & E. Renovo squad. "P. & E." stood for "Philadelphia & Erie," referring to the railroad that passed through both St. Marys and Renovo. The game ended up being a 10-inning contest, with St. Marys emerging victorious 2-1.