Skip to main content

Charles Street home damaged by fire

August 17, 2012

Photo by Victoria Stanish - Members of the Crystal Fire Department were called out Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for a reported structure fire at 330 Charles St.
Photo Credit
Victoria Stanish

Members of the Crystal Fire Department were called out Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for a reported structure fire at 330 Charles St.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the first floor fully involved in fire. Firefighters established a water supply and knocked the fire down. They spent a considerable amount of time working on hot spots.
There was heavy fire, heat and smoke damage to the first floor, moderate heat and smoke damage to the second floor and moderate smoke damage to the basement.
There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire was attributed to unattended cooking.
The Crystal Fire Department was back in service at 5:30 p.m. They were assisted at the scene by members of the St. Marys City Police Department and the St. Marys Area Ambulance Service.

View more articles in:
The St. Marys Area Flying Dutchmen earned a trip to the District 9 Class AA championship game with...
The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch saw their season come to an end with a 2-0 loss to the Clearfield...
The fifth-seeded Elk County Catholic Lady Crusaders battled through wet and muddy conditions on...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...