Skip to main content

Construction of new hospital began in 1939

December 15, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Mother Helen, OSB, with shovel, and St. Marys Mayor George Fehrenbach, to her left, break ground for the rebuilding of Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital after the fire.

While Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital was eventually rebuilt at its original location, local historian Ray Beimel indicated that at least one piece of evidence has come to light suggesting that another site for the facility may have at least been considered.

The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusaders softball team remained undefeated on the season with a 5-1...
The St. Marys Area and Elk County Catholic baseball teams faced off for the first time this season...
The St. Marys Area Flying Dutch tennis team lost another close match, this time to the Bradford...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...