Skip to main content

Hospital equipment was advanced, yet intimidating, in 1922

December 11, 2012

When Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital first opened its doors in 1922, it is no surprise that the facility and its equipment looked considerably different than that found at the site today.
During a recent presentation on the history of the hospital, local historian Ray Beimel displayed several photographs that are believed to have been taken by St. Marys photographer Tom Ewing prior to the facility opening to the public.

The St. Marys Area Dutch wrestling team opened their home dual meet season with a 42-21 victory...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader basketball team improved to 3-0 on the season with a 55-34...
The St. Marys Area High School gymnastics team defeated the visiting Bellefonte squad 121.125-114....
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...