Skip to main content

Hospital equipment was advanced, yet intimidating, in 1922

December 11, 2012

When Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital first opened its doors in 1922, it is no surprise that the facility and its equipment looked considerably different than that found at the site today.
During a recent presentation on the history of the hospital, local historian Ray Beimel displayed several photographs that are believed to have been taken by St. Marys photographer Tom Ewing prior to the facility opening to the public.

The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusaders softball team remained undefeated on the season with a 5-1...
The St. Marys Area and Elk County Catholic baseball teams faced off for the first time this season...
The St. Marys Area Flying Dutch tennis team lost another close match, this time to the Bradford...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...