Skip to main content

'Minor damage' is reported in Kane electrical fire

February 17, 2014

Photo by Ted Lutz Members of the Kane Volunteer Fire Department return to fire trucks parked on Poplar Street after investigating smoke at a residence at 387 Forest Ave. in Wetmore Township. Fire Chief Tim Holt said the fire was "electrical in nature."

"We dodged a bullet," Kane Fire Chief Tim Holt said Monday afternoon while on the scene of a reported fire at 387 Forest Ave., Wetmore Township.
Holt said the fire, blamed on an electrical problem, burned the insulation off a plugged-in power cord to a gas-fired clothes dryer. 
"It was fried," Holt said in reference to the power cord.
He said there was "minor damage." No flames were seen when firefighters arrived, he said.
No injuries were reported, he said.

The St. Marys Little League Softball Major League all stars (11-12-year-olds) stayed alive in the...
Ridgway American Legion baseball won its third straight game as the team picked up a 5-2 win over...
The Fox Township Post 511 American Legion baseball team added another victory to their season total...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...