Skip to main content

Sisters continued to hold important roles at rebuilt hospital

December 16, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Pictured are a group of Benedictine Sisters who worked at the Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital in 1943. In the back row, from left, are Sister Gabriel, Sister Bonaventure, Sister DeSales, and Sister Lucy; and in front are Sister Angela, Sister Margaret, Sister Corda, Sister Agatha, and Sister Bertille.

According to local historian Ray Beimel, the Benedictine Sisters who worked at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital lived year-round in a small apartment, which acted as a "small convent within the building for the Sisters who actually worked there."

The St. Marys Area girls swim and dive team captured the girls District 9 championship on Saturday...
College Basketball Roundup
It was back to business as usual for the Elk County Catholic Crusaders on Saturday afternoon at...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...