Skip to main content

Sisters continued to hold important roles at rebuilt hospital

December 16, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Pictured are a group of Benedictine Sisters who worked at the Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital in 1943. In the back row, from left, are Sister Gabriel, Sister Bonaventure, Sister DeSales, and Sister Lucy; and in front are Sister Angela, Sister Margaret, Sister Corda, Sister Agatha, and Sister Bertille.

According to local historian Ray Beimel, the Benedictine Sisters who worked at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital lived year-round in a small apartment, which acted as a "small convent within the building for the Sisters who actually worked there."

KERSEY — The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusader softball team advanced to the District 9 Class A...
DuBOIS – The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch saw their season come to an end with a 4-1 loss to the...
DuBOIS – The Elk County Catholic Crusaders saw their season come to an early end with a 5-2 loss to...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...