Skip to main content

Sisters made big sacrifices for hospital after fire

December 13, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Pictured is a view of the ruins of the original Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital after the fire of Nov. 27, 1934.

Following the fire at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital on Nov. 27, 1934, all that was left of the structure was its stone walls. Everything that had been made of wood inside the building was destroyed in the blaze, according to local historian Ray Beimel.
With the hospital destroyed, the Benedictine Sisters stepped in and made a big sacrifice for the benefit of the community.

The Elk County Catholic Crusader tennis team saw their record slip to 5-2 on the season as they...
The Elk County Catholic Lady Crusader softball team is now 3-0 on the season after rallying from a...
The St. Marys Area Flying Dutch baseball team lost their home opener to the Bradford Owls by a 6-2...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...