Skip to main content

Sisters made big sacrifices for hospital after fire

December 13, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Pictured is a view of the ruins of the original Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital after the fire of Nov. 27, 1934.

Following the fire at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital on Nov. 27, 1934, all that was left of the structure was its stone walls. Everything that had been made of wood inside the building was destroyed in the blaze, according to local historian Ray Beimel.
With the hospital destroyed, the Benedictine Sisters stepped in and made a big sacrifice for the benefit of the community.

A win for Elk County Catholic boys basketball over a state-ranked rival gave ECC the No. 1 seed in...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader basketball team picked up another victory Saturday evening as they...
The St. Marys Area gymnastics squad won their third meet of the season Saturday afternoon as they...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...