Skip to main content

Sisters made big sacrifices for hospital after fire

December 13, 2012

Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society Pictured is a view of the ruins of the original Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital after the fire of Nov. 27, 1934.

Following the fire at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital on Nov. 27, 1934, all that was left of the structure was its stone walls. Everything that had been made of wood inside the building was destroyed in the blaze, according to local historian Ray Beimel.
With the hospital destroyed, the Benedictine Sisters stepped in and made a big sacrifice for the benefit of the community.

The St. Marys Little League baseball Major League all star squad lost to the DuBois team by a 17-2...
The St. Marys Legion baseball team swept Wilcox in a doubleheader played at Berwind Park on...
The St. Marys Little League Baseball Minor League all stars opened play in the District 10...
Jeffrey Scott Buck Jr., an 18-year-old volunteer firefighter with Lawrence Township Fire Company,...