Skip to main content

St. Marys Pharmacy pledges support for Relay for Life

April 1, 2012

Photo by Amy Cherry Employees of St. Marys Pharmacy/Home Medical present a check to the American Cancer Society. The pharmacy is a 2012 sponsor of the Relay for Life of Elk County. Shown from left to right are pharmacy employees and Team SMP members Lisa Stenta, Pat Straub, Jude Vavala, Susan Babik of the American Cancer Society of Elk and Cameron counties, Davina Geitner, Kari Ryan and Rebecca Schatz.

St. Marys Pharmacy/Home Medical has pledged to be a $1,000 sponsor for the 2012 Relay for Life of Elk County.
"With help from team members, employees of St. Marys Pharmacy/Home Medical, and all the wonderful donations from the community, Team SMP was able to raise over $6,000 last year," said Team Captain Rebecca Schatz.
The 2012 Relay for Life of Elk County will take place on June 8-9 at the Fox Township Community Park beginning at noon on Friday and concluding at noon on Saturday.
Co-captain Kari Ryan stated 60 percent of money raised at the relay stays local and is used in many volunteer programs such as "Road to Recovery," "Look Good Feel Better" and "Man to Man." The remaining 40 percent is put toward cancer research.
"For many of the team members, this nonprofit organization is very near and dear to their hearts, and they extend much gratitude to everyone for their generosity during 2011," Ryan said.

Chances are, whenever the Elk County Catholic Crusaders and Brockway Rovers face off on the soccer...
Three goals in the first half was all the Elk County Catholic Lady Crusader soccer team needed as...
Elk County Catholic continued its strong start to the season with a 3-0 (25-5, 25-13, 25-15) win...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...