Skip to main content

Wood burner appears to have caused garage fire

January 3, 2014

Photo submitted by Frank Quattrone

A garage fire early Wednesday morning is reportedly the result of a malfunctioning wood burner, according to Ridgway fire chief Scott Pontious.
The fire destroyed a garage located along the 100 block of Harrison Avenue in Ridgway.

A win for Elk County Catholic boys basketball over a state-ranked rival gave ECC the No. 1 seed in...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader basketball team picked up another victory Saturday evening as they...
The St. Marys Area gymnastics squad won their third meet of the season Saturday afternoon as they...
On March 14, 2012, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law a contentious piece of legislation...