As part of its ongoing scholarship program, the Elk County Community Foundation (ECCF) awarded a total of 83 scholarships to local students this year totaling $77,225.
Of those scholarships, 20 were awarded to seniors from St. Marys Area High School, 19 from Ridgway Area High School, 17 from Elk County Catholic High School, 12 from Johnsonburg Area High School, six from DuBois Area High School, four from Brockway Area High School and two from Kane Area High School.
Also awarded were five postgraduate scholarships to students already attending a postsecondary institution. These winners were: Blake Housler, Julia Pfaff, Joseph Sorg and Timothy Vollmer, who were awarded the Joseph A. Williams Memorial Medical Scholarship; and Leah Tamburlin, who won the Michele A. Campbell Memorial Nursing Scholarship.
"The dollars given to these students will impact generations to come as these young adults shape our communities. Donors who have established these scholarships are contributing to our future leaders," said Paula Fritz Eddy, ECCF executive director. "The Elk County Community Foundation Board extends their gratitude to those who have seen the need and believe in the youth of today."
Eddy invited anyone interested in establishing a scholarship to contact the Foundation at 814-834-2125.
In addition to those students receiving postgraduate scholarships, the following students were awarded scholarships through ECCF:
• Helene Bowley Memorial Scholarship to St. Marys Area seniors Bobby Shores and Robert Rollick; Ridgway seniors Tyler Colson, Taylor Elias, Carissa Imdorf, Seth Feronti, Alexis Konen, Hannah Lampman, Morgan Mader, Rachel Maloney and James Wright; Elk County Catholic seniors Anna Hoffman, Emma Schatz, Kelly Shaffer, Samantha Smith and Daniel Steudler; and Johnsonburg seniors Sarah Dufresne, Taylor Harvey, Trevor Miller, Tiffany Wolfe and Max Zimmerman.
• Howard M. Keebler Memorial Scholarship to Bobby Shores of St. Marys Area and Torie Gradizzi of Elk County Catholic.
• Straub Brewery, Inc. Scholarship to St. Marys Area seniors Megan Barber, Natalie Schwer and Bobby Shores and Elk County Catholic seniors Joshua Feldbauer, Elizabeth Petrosky and Julia Scacchitti.
• SGL Carbon Scholarship (Engineering) to Jordan Weinzierl of St. Marys Area and Daniel Steudler of Elk County Catholic.
• SGL Carbon Scholarship (Machining) to Bradley Yetzer of St. Marys Area and Jared Schaut of Elk County Catholic.
• Robert P. Martini Memorial Scholarship to DuBois seniors Chelcee Adamson, Samantha Burt, Amber Hefferan, Kayla Niel and Jessica Vizza and Brockway seniors Cody ‘RJ’ Anderson, Mackenzie Bart, Chelsea Facchine and Madison Lindenmuth.
• Alva K. Gregory Memorial Scholarship to Kalyn Taylor of Elk County Catholic and Laura Stahli of Johnsonburg.
• Perry G. Klein Memorial Scholarship to Jordan Weinzierl of St. Marys Area and Kyle Maletto of Johnsonburg.
Additional scholarships awarded to SMAHS students were:
• Angela Bertolasio Memorial Scholarship and the Dean Schrecengost Memorial Scholarship to Tyler Shields.
• Lori De’Angelo Memorial Scholarship and the St. Marys Jaycees Community Involvement Scholarship to Natalie Schwer.
• Martha C. Selle Memorial Scholarship to Evan Auman.
• Pearl Llewellyn Memorial Nursing Scholarship to Shelby Zomcik.
• Christopher Forster Memorial Scholarship to Mandy Gerarge.
• Bev Hogan Memorial Nursing Scholarship and the Mary I. Filano Memorial Scholarship to Kayla De’Monte.
• Sarah K. Folino Memorial Art Scholarship and the Dr. John E. Schloder Fine Arts Scholarship to Dylan Weisner.
Additional scholarships awarded to Ridgway students were:
• Jacqueline M. Renaud National Honor Society Memorial Scholarship to David Klein.
• Frank Clark Memorial Scholarship and the Herbert B. Lenze Boys Basketball Scholarship to Dominic Aiello.
• Judge Vernon “Buddy” Roof Memorial Scholarship to Bryton Dybowski.
• Herbert B. Lenze Marching Band Scholarship to Danielle Carlson.
• Josh Launer Memorial Scholarship to Brianna Wolfe.
• Dr. Les A. & Donna V. Education Scholarship and the Grandinetti Educational Scholarship to Elexes Waddell.
• Hasselman/Hopton Memorial Scholarship to Megan Szymanski.
Additional scholarships awarded to Elk County Catholic students were:
• Ridgway Rotary Scholarship to Elizabeth Petrosky.
• Gloria V. Anderson Scholarship and the Nicholas Sinibaldi Music Scholarship to Cortney Foote.
• Dick Fava Memorial Scholarship to Isabelle Urmann.
Additional scholarships awarded to Johnsonburg students were:
• Dr. Sandra Calkins Kowalski Nursing Scholarship to Laura Stahli.
• Caribardi Family Scholarship to Tori Stanley.
• Johnsonburg Alumni & Friends Scholarship to Tori Stanley and Randall Tassone.
• Elk County Farm Bureau Scholarship to Max Zimmerman.
Additional scholarships awarded to DuBois Area students were:
• Ruth Reed Memorial Nursing Scholarship to Allison Gilmore.
Additional scholarships awarded to Kane students were:
• Sashy and Gladys Kane Perpetual Scholarship to Christine Mosier and Craig Perry.