Photo courtesy of the St. Marys Historical Society
Pictured are a group of Benedictine Sisters who worked at the Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital in 1943. In the back row, from left, are Sister Gabriel, Sister Bonaventure, Sister DeSales, and Sister Lucy; and in front are Sister Angela, Sister Margaret, Sister Corda, Sister Agatha, and Sister Bertille.
According to local historian Ray Beimel, the Benedictine Sisters who worked at Andrew Kaul Memorial Hospital lived year-round in a small apartment, which acted as a "small convent within the building for the Sisters who actually worked there."
Copyright 2010 Daily Press